Events - Event View
This is the "Event Detail" view, showing all available information for this event.
If the event has passed, click the "Event Report" button to read a report and view photos that were uploaded.
Turn & Learn - Dry/Finished Bowl Turning, 6-9 Pm -- CANCELLED
Thursday, June 7, 2018, 6:00 PM until 9:00 PM
OVWG Learning Center at
Kennedy Heights Art Center
6620 Montgomery Road
Kennedy Heights, OH 45213
is not Required
- Topic: Learn to mount and finish turn a dry bowl previously turned wet. We will take this bowl from rough turned to finished state including truing the tenon, finish turning, sanding and finishing the bottom. Different methods for securing the bowl will be discussed. Will also cover pro’s and con’s of different types of finishes. Tools used will include bowl gouges, spindle gouge, scrapers, chucks and sanding supplies. Option for students to purchase power sanding startup kit or materials for hand sanding.
- Skill Level: Advanced beginner, should have rough turned about 20 bowls or more.
- Project: Completed turned bowl ready for finish.
- Materials: Dried, rough turned bowl, optional sanding supplies.
- Cost: $25, includes $5 material fee.
- Pre-requisite: Introduction to Woodturning and the OVWG LC or a prior T&L series of classes. Also read and be familiar with the AAW Lathe Safety Guidelines and the Glossary of Woodturning Terms, available on the OVWG website in the document library or by clicking the following links: AAW Lathe Safety Guidelines and Woodturning Glossary