Events - Event View
This is the "Event Detail" view, showing all available information for this event.
If the event has passed, click the "Event Report" button to read a report and view photos that were uploaded.
Turn & Learn - 2nd Session of Basic Spindle Turning, 6-9 Pm
Wednesday, February 21, 2018, 6:00 PM until 9:00 PM
OVWG Learning Center at
Kennedy Heights Art Center
6620 Montgomery Road
Kennedy Heights, OH 45213
- Topic: Beginning to intermediate spindle turning techniques. We will make a garden dibble, honey dipper, candor snowman ornament. Tools used will include the spindle roughing gouge, spindle gouges, parting tool, calipers
- Skill Level: Beginner
- Project: Garden Dibble, Honey Dipper, and/or Snowman Ornament.
- Materials: 2"x2"x12" close grained hardwood (maple, ash) for garden dibble and 1"x1"x10" close grained hardwood (maple, cherry) for honey dipper and snowman ornament.
- Cost: $25, includes $5 material fee.
- Pre-requisite: Introduction to Woodturning and the OVWG Learning Center. Also read and be familiar with the AAW Lathe Safety Guidelines and the Glossary of Woodturning Terms, available on the OVWG website in the document library or by clicking the following links: AAW Lathe Safety Guidelines and Woodturning Glossary